Thursday, April 19, 2012

Free Quilt Pattern for Batiks - Sunny Flowers

I am starting to post free quilt patterns that are part what I send out monthly for my Batik Club.

Join my Batik Club to get 8 - 8 1/2 inch squares of different batik fabrics every month.  Or, use your stash to make this pattern.





This is a great art quilt project.  Let your imagination run wild and create your own version of this free pattern.

You will need:    8 batik squares 8 1/2 inches
   2-1 ¼” x 43”fabric strips  for binding
     18” x18” backing and batting
    assorted beads, matching thread and/or black thread
 
I started out making suns, but those round circles were just too plain.  I fused them on and then buttonhole stitched around them.  For fusing I typically use Head & Bond Lite or Wonder Under.

For leaves, I fused 1/4 of the square and cut out around the leaves or used the 2 leaf patterns.

I used black thread to go around leaves.  I quilted with gold variegated thread.

I applied the binding. Then I had fun, creating some beaded flowers.  You could use buttons for the flowers or hand embroider some.

Have fun trying out this pattern!

Glenna

1 comment: